Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-12-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via MSN to lex
Reverse Osmosis?

I know my water is pretty crumby. I live in the city and although I have never tested it for different minerals and chemical content, I know it's high in copper and probably a bunch of other stuff that's pretty nasty for a reef. This will be my first saltwater aquarium and I want to get an RO system. My question is, how many gallons per day am I looking for here? The aquarium I will be setting up is a 90gal.

I looked briefly for other topics about it here, but didn't find what I wanted. Maybe I didn't look in the right spot.

Any help is much appreciated.

lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
i use a 35 a day and at first ya wont think its enough but it is for me and my 3 tanks

good luck keith
scuba_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:51 PM   #3
you can get a pretty good I believe 100gpd 6 stage from ebay for about 125.00 shipped.. I have personally delt with "FilterDirect" on Ebay and can and will state their product is well worth the money.. I would say that you really only need one that produces enough to make up your top off water per day but the more GPD the better IMO.. Makes good for emergencies.. Get a TDS meter and if you dont really have great water pressure get a pump as well.. I believe CaptiveReefs.com has a comparable one as well.. I believe he carries the AquaFx models.. FWIW I wouldnt get one under 50gpd I would try and stay in the 75+ range.. Here is a link to the RO/DI that I personally bought just more GPD as the upgraded them EBAY Unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com