Reverse osmosis system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earlysteven

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any place I can get a good but cheap reverse osmosis system hit me with some links and thank you :)

I bought mine off of eBay I think from max water I paid 120 for it and it's a 6 stage ro/di unit.

Not at all and it's 150 gpd so it produces a good amount of water a day. I only have to make water once every 2 weeks

Everyone is telling me different sites lol looks like it's another research day

That would work if you don't need a large amount of water at a time. I would look for something with a higher gpd if you have a large amount of water to make a week.

I have a bulk reef supply unit and will never have another. A simple search about them will remove any doubt from your mind if you should get it or not.

I would definitely get a bigger one. That one won't make much water a day.

A 75gpd unit would be good. You also want the ability to make a decent amount of water quickly in case of an emergency. That is another great reason to have one as well as the water quality of course. :)

If you have a 150g, then you will want maybe 30g for water changes a week, and another maybe 10g a week for evaporation and top off.

I run a 150gpd unit for all my tanks and make about 200g a water a week. But there have been times i needed to do a 50% water change on a tank ASAP for one reason or another and I can make what I need quickly.
In my opinion, if you anticipate being in the hobby for an extended period of time I would get the best gpd unit with the least amount rejection. Means you get more water and less waste water. Bulk reef supply sells top of the line units for less than $200. I paid 180 for the deluxe 5 stage I believe, during a group buy on this forum. It has 2 carbon stages, the sediment stage, DI and of course the membrane. It also has gauges for tds of the water going into the system and water coming out, to see when you need to change your filters.

I looked at bulk reef there not cheap and I just started researching when I made this thread I just like to hear people's feedback that's experienced it or own it.

Thank you Carey that explains a lot I always love hearing your feedback your like a book full of knowledge and your correct on how much water I use per week/water change

Another thing to think about is maintenance. Does it have a flush kit? How available are replacement filters? Some units don't have replaceable filters, you have to buy another stage of it (if that makes since).

Maintaining a rodi unit is a large part of owning one. If it doesn't function properly it's useless.

I also have a bulkreefsupply unit and it is fantastic. I think I paid $120 for it an its 75gpd with Tds and flush kit.

Back
Top Bottom