Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-10-2003, 05:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ribbon Eel

I am getting ready to build a 180 gallon to accomodate my growing fish (1 emperor angel, 1 volitan lion, 1 longnose butterfly) and was thinking about a ribbon eel to complete the collection. YES I know they are very hard to keep.. but has ANYONE had success with getting them to feed?

Bassoonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 06:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Sounds familiar, right Aaron?

I wanted one for a very long time, they are gorgeous fish, i agree. The fact that they change color from black to blue is amazing. However, if your LFS doesnt have one, and keep it alive and fed for at least 2 weeks, I really dont recomend it at all. Sorry man. I love your tank and would love to see you get an eel, how about a zebra moray?

If you don't love what you do, you'd better find something else to love. Otherwise, you don't have a reason for living.
-Ray B.
d9hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
I had one, took it back to the LFS, at the store it ate and I watched it. it was very health and doing good so I got it, I purchased everything under the sun for it to eat and I could not get it to eat. I was told by the LFS that it may have been because of the other fish. Ribbon Eels would do better in a tank by themselfs if they are eating.
180 Gallon Reef Tank http://www.marinelifeweb.com
Marine Aquarium Society of Ohio
marinelife is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com