Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

One new addition to the family today. The picture is not good but you get the point. Before you ask, this came from my fav LFS who quarantines all her fish. I got this as it came out of quarantine before going into the for sale tanks therefore I saw no need to put it through a second quarantine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	042.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	92829  

Old 05-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99
One new addition to the family today. The picture is not good but you get the point. Before you ask, this came from my fav LFS who quarantines all her fish. I got this as it came out of quarantine before going into the for sale tanks therefore I saw no need to put it through a second quarantine.
Great choice Rich, gotta love fairy wrasses! I have considered purchasing one for me before, but have never done so (yet) .

You are very lucky! I wish the LFS around here would quarantine their livestock, maybe then there wouldn't be so much ich

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
Great choice Rich, gotta love fairy wrasses! I have considered purchasing one for me before, but have never done so (yet) .

You are very lucky! I wish the LFS around here would quarantine their livestock, maybe then there wouldn't be so much ich
Thanks man. It is actually a Solarinsis Wrasse which is just as pretty in my book but much less expensive.

This LFS is fantastic. She is all over the forum for our local reef club, help found the club and gives fantastic advice. She will flat out tell you that you are stupid if you insist on buying something you shouldn't. Then she will tell you that you have to buy is somewhere else because she isn't selling it to you. If I am buying from and LFS, and she has it in stock, I will buy it from her. Most times, her prices are better than the others also.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is great! The LFS around here tell you Blue Hippo Tangs fare well in 34g, LOL.

The Wrasse definitely is beautiful, the coloring on his head is my favorite.

Another nice thing that I like about Wrasses is that they are active. It doesn't have to be a trade off between color and activity, you can get both with a Wrasse.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea
That is great! The LFS around here tell you Blue Hippo Tangs fare well in 34g, LOL.

The Wrasse definitely is beautiful, the coloring on his head is my favorite.

Another nice thing that I like about Wrasses is that they are active. It doesn't have to be a trade off between color and activity, you can get both with a Wrasse.
Yup I like the wrasse. I have this guy, a cleaner, a 6 line and a yellow chorus. Love the all. I almost bought a pair of fire fish this morning too but the budget was tight. But as soon as I got home I sold my skimmer from my old tank for $125 so they are sitting in a bag on the bar here at OliveGarden while I wait for dinner to take home to the family. LOL.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool, how is your Cleaner doing?

By the way, my favorite restaurant is Olive Garden!

Now I am going to want breadsticks and salad and Cheese Ravioli later, darn it! Lol.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea
Cool, how is your Cleaner doing?

By the way, my favorite restaurant is Olive Garden!

Now I am going to want breadsticks and salad and Cheese Ravioli later, darn it! Lol.
Cleaner is doing great. Eats wetland always comes to the glass when you approach the tank. Saw him cleaning my Kole once but they are all still getting used to each other. He went in last Saturday. Next addition will be a Lamrcks Angle and the I will add a couple of Tangs. Debating between a Powder Brown and a Blonde Naso for one of them and then I will pick something that doesn't have a similar body style as that one or my Kole.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice Addict

I will be getting a Lamarck's Angel for my 125g too, a really cool fish!

Glad the tank is going well so far!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Addict

OK, made it home (The Chicken Alfredo was delicious by the way) and acclimated the new additions. They are now in the tank. Again, this is a terrible pic but.........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	043.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	92872  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

Congrats on the new additions!

Tags
125 gallon, 125 reef, ich, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com