Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice friend,thanks for the update..Keep us posted

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had a very productive day today. Started by spraying a coat of the new paint on the stand and canopy. Neither one of us like it. LOL So, while I was out and about today I picked up a different color that I think will work much better. This stuff looked like what my daughters used to leave in their diapers when they were not feeling well.

After that, ran in to town and got some new tires on my wife’s SUV and then out to Dallas to pick up my skimmer (1-1/2 drive). This is a fellow reef club member. Wow, his 150 is gorgeous. If mine ends up half that nice I will be thrilled. I also picked up a Hydro Korla 3 & a 5 while I was there. Skimmer was $150 and each PH was $25. Can’t beat that with a stick.

While I was getting the tires on I saw a post where a member was giving away a 45 long for free. That is perfect for my sump. So, from Dallas I headed to Suwanee (another 1-1/2 drive). Now I don’t need to tear down my current tank in order to use it as the sump for this one. From there is was a hour drive home.

So, now I have a good chunk of the equipment rounded up. I fully expected it would be weeks before I had this much of it together.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Made some good progress today. Started by doing some sanding (by had because my orbital sander decided to give up on me) and then started painting the new color. While on the second coat I cam up a bit short so I quickly thinned some more paint. Unfortunately, I got it a bit too thin and ended up with a couple of runs. I will let it dry completely then sand them out and spray one more coat. Here are a couple of teases for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	86243   Click image for larger version

Name:	018.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	86244  

Old 04-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looking great
Old 04-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Nice day in the Atl to paint. Im on the southside!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamontan View Post
Looking great
Thank jjamontan. I appreciate it.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edro View Post
Nice day in the Atl to paint. Im on the southside!
Yup. I should have worn a hat I think. LOL Got a bit of a sunburn on the noggin. Sucks getting old and losing all your hair. hehehehehe
Old 04-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I want a 125 or 180 I placed a bid for a 125 today let's hope I win. Although if I win it will be a slow build I will need to get a bigger skimmer, more rock new sand the stand bigger power heads lighting etc. But little by little I will get out of the 55 I have. Wish me luck.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamontan
I want a 125 or 180 I placed a bid for a 125 today let's hope I win. Although if I win it will be a slow build I will need to get a bigger skimmer, more rock new sand the stand bigger power heads lighting etc. But little by little I will get out of the 55 I have. Wish me luck.
Pretty much the same as me. LOL. The difference was I got the tank, stand and canopy as payment for a few hours electrical work. . The skimmer I got is like $300 new but I paid 150. The pump new would be like $150 and I got it for $70.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The guy sold it to someone else. One will come up at some point. I'm sure the wife is glad she knows that I will spend money much faster than I agree with her on.

Tags
125 gallon, 125 reef, ich, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com