Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Looking good!

Old 04-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

OK, made some good progress today but I am taking a break because my daughter wants to go our for Mexican food tonight. While I am out I will pick up 2 - 1" 90s and be able to finish the plumbing when I get home tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	022.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	90497   Click image for larger version

Name:	023.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	90498  

Name:	024.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	90499   Click image for larger version

Name:	025.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	90500  

Old 04-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

And just as a tease, here is a before and after shot. I still need to put the doors back on but will wait until it is in place, up and running. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	90501   Click image for larger version

Name:	027.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	90502  

Old 04-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
It's all looks great
Old 04-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks awesome!! Great build!!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks guys. But I have to admit I lied. I said I would finish the plumbing tonight but I am beat. Time to sit on the couch and drink a cold one of 4.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dude, I saw the living room and my jaw dropped! Good thing the wife is out of town! I know i would have been upset! How old is your daughter? will she spill the beans?

Also I'm super excited to see the finished product. Stock plans yet?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL It is my youngest who is 15. I have two others who are 21. One is in the navy but the other lives at home for the moment. As for spilling the beans, my wife knows about it. I planned it for this week because I knew she would freak if this stuff was lying around for days on end. So, I just need to make sure I get it all taken care of by the time I go to pick her up at the airport on Sunday.

Here is a very over-sized stock list. I know there is no way I can put all this in but listed the things I would like to have. Now I need to start deleting some of it and get it down to a manageable size as well as figure out the order in which things will be added. It will take me a long time to do. Not only because I refuse to drop a bunch of fish in at one time but because I will only be able to afford a fish at a time. LOL

Current Stock List:
1 - Kole Yellow Eye Tang
1 - 6 Line Wrasse
1 - Yellow Coris Wrasse
1 – Blue/Green Chromis
2 – Ocellaris Clowns
2 – RBTA (was one big one up until the past weekend)
1 – GBTA
1 – Maximus Clam
1 – Fire Shrimp
1 – Feather Duster
1 – Tiger Tail Cucumber
1 – Emerald Crab
Various Clean Up Crew (hermits, nassarius and misc snails)

Wish List:

Tangs – White Cheek, Powder Brown, Naso, Orange Shoulder, Scopas (Listed in order of preference – I know I can’t have them all)

Wrase – Cleaner Wrasse, Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse, Scott’s Fairy Wrasse, Orange Black Fairy Wrasse (Listed in order of preference)

Lamarck’s Angle
Red Scooter Dragonet
Mandarin – Red or Green (after pod population is established)
3 or 4 Fire Fish
Royal Gramma
Cleaner Shrimp
Maybe another Fire Shrimp
Old 04-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Paged up and saw your plumbing shots, and let me say i am JEALOUS! lol Looks so very organized and logical. hehe... Nice job

As far as the stocking, in my opinion 3 tangs are about the max I would put into a 125g, the three I have in mine fit perfectly, I've thought of adding another one but I think that would be too too much. So I would stick with 3.

The other fish look fine, BUT the cleaner wrasse from what I have heard is a devil to keep in captivity, I also wanted one but the more research I did the more I realized I would probably fail at keeping it alive. :-( Also, the scooter can be the same as the mandarin as far as eating, they eat pods as well and are dragonettes. It took me a month to get my scooter to eat and that was in a tiny tank where I could target feed multiple times a day.

Hope i didn't bum you out too much on those fish, just thought you should know.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

Didn't bum me out at all. That was pretty much the same thing my two most trusted LFS told me when I sent it to them to look over. I intentionally put more than I plan in the list in case they replied with "Are you Nuts???" about anything. That way, I would still know what would work together.

On the tangs, I most likely will only go with two. The cleaner wrasse is nixed. you are the third person to tell me that so I figure I better listen. As for the mandarin and scooter, it will be one or the other if I do either. At the very least, I will give it many months and watch to see what kind of pod population I get before I move on that.

I may actually be adding a fish much sooner than anticipated. I helped a guy a while back and in return he is giving me all the rock from a tank he is breaking down. (Got to love free rock). When talking to him today about coming by this afternoon for pickup, he said the guy buying his flame angle has backed out. He offered it to me for $30 and said in the year he has had him he hasn't nipped at anything. He said he could keep him until this is up and running so I am debating it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Paged up and saw your plumbing shots, and let me say i am JEALOUS! lol Looks so very organized and logical. hehe... Nice job

As far as the stocking, in my opinion 3 tangs are about the max I would put into a 125g, the three I have in mine fit perfectly, I've thought of adding another one but I think that would be too too much. So I would stick with 3.

The other fish look fine, BUT the cleaner wrasse from what I have heard is a devil to keep in captivity, I also wanted one but the more research I did the more I realized I would probably fail at keeping it alive. :-( Also, the scooter can be the same as the mandarin as far as eating, they eat pods as well and are dragonettes. It took me a month to get my scooter to eat and that was in a tiny tank where I could target feed multiple times a day.

Hope i didn't bum you out too much on those fish, just thought you should know.

Tags
125 gallon, 125 reef, ich, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com