Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Wow,...looks wonderful Rich,... Your detail towards the plumbing etc looks like it was beautifully thought out well in advance....im sure the wifey is going to love the whole setup once she gets thru the Initial shock when she walks in for the first time,...after that she'll probably start taking credit for the whole project when her friends come over.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
...after that she'll probably start taking credit for the whole project when her friends come over.
So not only did you just celebrate a milestone birthday, you obviously have celebrated many anniversaries too. With a wife and three daughters, I always get the last word. "Yes dear".

Anyway, thanks for the compliment. I like the way it is coming together. This afternoon I picked up about 60-70 lbs of live rock and maybe 30 lbs of dry rock. All free. Thats the best kind. The live rock is sitting in the 150 gallon stock tank in the family room and I am about to go wash the dry rock and get it in there as well. Then it is time to finish the plumbing and leak test the whole nine yards with tap water. While that is happening I will start on getting the electrical the way I want it. Sure hope those LEDs get here soon. By the way, my fav LFS had a 10th anniversary sale this past weekend. I won a brand new Marineland LED fixture. Not sure what kind but maybe it will work for my fuge. Again, free is the best kind. LOL She was closed today but maybe tomorrow I can get over and pick it up.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your completely right, free is better!

Stock:

Yeah, I wouldn't go with the Cleaner Wrasse either.

I think that the white cheek is hardier than the Powder Brown, so I would go with that one (unless I mixed them up, I don't think so though).
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea
Your completely right, free is better!

Stock:

Yeah, I wouldn't go with the Cleaner Wrasse either.

I think that the white cheek is hardier than the Powder Brown, so I would go with that one (unless I mixed them up, I don't think so though).
Both those tangs are on my Ich list as more prone than others. Of course- the one that tips the list is the blue hippo
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

Plumbing complete and leak checked. There is a reason you do your leak check outside in the driveway. Glad I remembered it. Forgot to plumb a valve ahead of the skimmer. Pretty cool watching 1650 gal/hr shoot out the top of the skimmer. hehehehe With a little head scratching and digging for left over parts, it wasn't too bad cutting one in. Here are a couple of pictures of the completed plumbing. You may wonder why the outside of the canopy is brown but the inside is white. I painted that gloss white so any stray light will be reflected back into the tank. If it were brown, a lot of that light would be absorbed by the canopy and never make it to the tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	028.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	90723   Click image for larger version

Name:	029.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	90724  

Old 04-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99
Plumbing complete and leak checked. There is a reason you do your leak check outside in the driveway. Glad I remembered it. Forgot to plumb a valve ahead of the skimmer. Pretty cool watching 1650 gal/hr shoot out the top of the skimmer. hehehehe With a little head scratching and digging for left over parts, it wasn't too bad cutting one in. Here are a couple of pictures of the completed plumbing. You may wonder why the outside of the canopy is brown but the inside is white. I painted that gloss white so any stray light will be reflected back into the tank. If it were brown, a lot of that light would be absorbed by the canopy and never make it to the tank.
I did the same thing with my canopy! I almost even started thinking about aluminum foil. Lol. But that idea didn't last
Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #57
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Really nice work with the plumbing!!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wanna plumb my new sump next week? Lol. I hate plumbing with a passion. But I want the larger sump.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lets see.....free trip to Florida......chance to see your set ups and maybe the new store...... LOL

My wife is in Daytona right now. Wish I could have gone along but.....
Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #60
Aquarium Advice FINatic

following along, great build. and to mimic everybody else's comments, your attention to detail in the plumbing is amazing.

NyteGTI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
125 gallon, 125 reef, ich, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com