Rich's 125 Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Solarinsis Wrasse has been bullied by my 6 line almost since going in the tank. He has been hiding in the rocks a lot today. I decided to print a picture of one at about 10 times life size and tape it on the end of the tank. The six line freaked. LOL Half hour later the Solarinsis was out swimming around the top of the tank. For the most part the 6 line didn't go near him but he is now hiding again. I think it will do the trick but just needs a little time.

rdnelson99 said:
The Solarinsis Wrasse has been bullied by my 6 line almost since going in the tank. He has been hiding in the rocks a lot today. I decided to print a picture of one at about 10 times life size and tape it on the end of the tank. The six line freaked. LOL Half hour later the Solarinsis was out swimming around the top of the tank. For the most part the 6 line didn't go near him but he is now hiding again. I think it will do the trick but just needs a little time.

That's thinking out of the box!

That's funny.....I wonder if I could use that idea to control the evils of my triggerfish?

How about one of those radio controlled balloon things that you fly around your living room that looks like a great white shark or in my case a giant triggerfish,.just buzz it by tank every now and then to see their reaction.

Or do like my husband does and yell at them thru the glass like it is being productive! Lol. I'd imagine the pic thing would work as long as it is not always in the same spot for the fish to realize that it's not moving.

LOL, funny ideas everyone.

What about attaching the picture to a mag-float? Then you can move it around the tank like it is swimming. Also, since the mag-float creates water movement, it will be even more realistic to the fish! :)

LOL Actually, I think I learned this tip on this site. :) Works better if you put the picture up before you add the fish in question. Gives the tank mates a chance to fight it out with the glass. Sooner or later, they get sick of banging their nose on the glass. LOL

I tried this with my wife by hanging a life size poster of a super model but it didn't work. She still beats the crap out of me. LOL

rdnelson99 said:
LOL Actually, I think I learned this tip on this site. :) Works better if you put the picture up before you add the fish in question. Gives the tank mates a chance to fight it out with the glass. Sooner or later, they get sick of banging their nose on the glass. LOL

I tried this with my wife by hanging a life size poster of a super model but it didn't work. She still beats the crap out of me. LOL

Well then,...the idea of having a radio controlled full size super model balloon floating around the house isn't going to work either

rdnelson99 said:
Picking up my new LED fixtures tonight. Can you say PUMPED? I thought you could. hehehehe

Such a great time when the big kids get to open their presents !!!! ..... The only downside to that is that we gotta buy our own!

Dary421 said:
Such a great time when the big kids get to open their presents !!!! ..... The only downside to that is that we gotta buy our own!

And often our presents are NOT cheap. Lol

Jlsardina said:
And often our presents are NOT cheap. Lol

Yep,...my new ecotech 40 powerhead I just got in yesterday was $502.00 ( including s/h taxes) ...ouch!!!!

That's absurd!! And I'd need 2. I mean, great product...def the best out there, but c'mon!! At half the price, still pretty ridiculous mind you, they would appeal to 10x the market they do now.
With 2 kids under 10, there no way I could justify this, being a blue- collar guy.

Flreefer said:
That's absurd!! And I'd need 2. I mean, great product...def the best out there, but c'mon!! At half the price, still pretty ridiculous mind you, they would appeal to 10x the market they do now.
With 2 kids under 10, there no way I could justify this, being a blue- collar guy.

Oh i agree that its a pricey little item. I remember seeing them a couple of years ago at a lfs and i couldnt imagine ever paying that much for a powerhead...,Imo most of the expense is in the "driver" a multi mode exotic wave maker of sorts.... 24 hours ago i was really questioning my sanity regarding getting one of these.., but now that I've had a chance to figure out just how to program it ., im loving it!!! Is it worth the $$$ ??? Who knows??? Will i get another one for the other side of my tank ?? Don't know yet....But it's awfully neat !

Cmon Dary....you'll get another one!! I would too if I could afford it. Like I said , awesome stuff, want one so bad I can taste it, but....man!
Sorry for the hi-jack, thought i was on Darys thread!

Sorry Rich.... Lol.. We'll let you have YOUR thread back.....

P.s. yes ., i want another one :)

Dary421 said:
Sorry Rich.... Lol.. We'll let you have YOUR thread back.....

P.s. yes ., i want another one :)

Not a problem at all. LOL. And yes our presents are much more expensive but in this case I got a steal. As part of the group buy we got dimmable units down to $235 each but since I put the buy together he gave me a break and I got three for $118 each. :). Thought I had a full tank shot on my phone and was going to post it but it will have to wait until I get home (at DDS with my daughter getting her Learners Permit)

Back
Top Bottom