Ricordea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure what the question is, but I love all mushrooms. They spread quickly so just watch out when you have other coral.
They're pretty hardy, and need less light than most coral, but still need sufficient light for photosynthesis of the algea inside.
55 gallon tank is absolutely fine .

Please be more specific if you need anymore help with your ricordea! Good luck

Sorry, yea. Just wanted input on it and thoughts abt it being in a 55g tank?

I'm trying to decide if I want to try doing it? Or only have live rock.

Well any coral will make your job a bit higher and your lighting more expensive. It depends how much time and money you wish to invest. The typical path for many wanting coral is to start out with a fowlr, and later upgrade lighting and circulation pumps to get coral.

Ok. I'd love to have the colors. I'm afraid that if we just have rock it will be too plain.

They are a great beginner coral, a little more interesting than most regular shrooms.

Any "softie" coral will work in a tank set up for these with a few exceptions so i would say get lighting for these, maybe on the bright side. Then the path will be open for leathers, shrooms, zoas/palys and some LPS like trumpet coral, duncans, torch, hammer etc

As previously stated these are easy to care for so you can get you feet wet(pardon the pun) before buying more expensive pieces.

Back
Top Bottom