Ricordea & Mushroom Show Off & Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spent some time looking at rare and hard to find Mushrooms, Ricordea and discosoma sanctithomae (at least around my lfs hard to find many nice ones), just so I might know a great deal when I see it. Wow are there some amazing outstanding varieties, and very expensive ones too $100 making my eyes pop out and that wasn't the most crazy - some places were so crazy expensive my whole head nearly popped off!

There are some Bubble tip corallimorphs, also called warty corallimorphs, St. Thomas Mushrooms, Discosoma sanctithoma, which are gorgeous. They alll seem to look different so added all the names for anyone wanting to see some cool stuff.

I think I want my tank with all kinds of "mushrooms" and the above and rock Anemones!!! Now so no palytoxin. - lol, but I am serious!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429574047.263442.jpg

I love mushrooms too. But they can get out of hand! When I lowered my phosphates to stimulate growth in my stoney corals the mushrooms retreated some. But still have quite a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have quite a few as wellImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429576164.062645.jpg. They keep spreading to other parts of the tank.

I have quite a few as wellView attachment 270535. They keep spreading to other parts of the tank.

Love how those filled in an area, but agree I wish they were easier to contain. I have one that floated over to the middle of my zoas that is now big and fighting for space and shading some of them. Need to gentle move it back to the mushroom rock somehow.

Ricordea & Mushroom Show Off & Discussion

I have two common red mushrooms and an orange ricordea.
My red mushrooms I have had for about 2 months and they haven't spread at all. My ricordea is new but appears to be doing good.

I have two common red mushrooms and a orange ricordea.
My red mushrooms I have had for about 2 months and they haven't spread at all. My ricordea is new but appears to be doing good.

Forgot pics sorry!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429580157.537862.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429580220.159214.jpg

Some pics of my rics ;)

Florida's

Big Yuma

Puerto Rican

I'm not thrilled they are "swimming " as I'll end up with a million of them

could always send them my way :D as Ill let them float around in my tank till they find that special spot

Excellent shots and specimens BigRed (love the big one) and BDonaldson (that aqua and lavender is so delicate looking)!

Well got to stare at all the little wonders at the lfs today while picking up some more SW. They still had one of the larger double Rics but it just didn't seem that colorful and I am glad I didn't get it last time and am saving my money for the next blue. I am going to make a trip to a newer store (not that local 1-1.5 hours especially due to traffic) next week I haven't been to and maybe one that has been open awhile but I don't get around to the area very often. I am looking still for a nice "reasonably" priced blue.

could always send them my way :D as Ill let them float around in my tank till they find that special spot

If you are local you can have them

I'm in port st lucie FL

Back
Top Bottom