Ricordea & Mushroom Show Off & Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Hey, show off your favorites, and what you might have growing in your tank(s)!!! Feel free to share tank size/FTS pic and any details about it.

This is the Ricordea rock I just got from a hobbyist breaking down his tank. It is just beautiful. This morning I added another bulb for light a 10W compact CFL and look how much it opened up. I am looking forward to getting more variety of these for my collection.

60074-albums14227-picture68034.jpg

This is the pic from the day after I got it.
60074-albums14227-picture68016.jpg

This is a close up of the Oranger one on the right.
60074-albums14227-picture68036.jpg

Here is the first Ricordea I ever got.
60074-albums14227-picture68035.jpg

Hoping I can find a nice Blue and a Blue Green Florida Ricordea soon for a reasonable price.

I have lots of other mushrooms pics to share after I get some decent shots of them!

Lets see what you've got...

Love that close up!!! I need to get some clearer pictures of mine, I have a blue/green and an orange/green that was called a rainbow online, we will see if it gets any more colors. I do love the bubbles in them though!! Thanks for starting this thread, I'll enjoy watching the posts! Here pics of mine.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418611531.785116.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418611619.817527.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418611667.248661.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well my favorite there is the blue and green hands down, but that multi colored one is gorgeous!!!

Have a feeling I will be saying I love everything, lol!

View attachment 258448

Thanks

What light are you using for these, can you post a FTS so we can see how this is set, what your placement is? Can you share the flow, and anything useful about keeping them? You are obviously quite successful with them (y)

Do you think they eat? Ricordeas I understand will but what about Mushrooms?

What light are you using for these, can you post a FTS so we can see how this is set, what your placement is? Can you share the flow, and anything useful about keeping them? You are obviously quite successful with them (y)

Do you think they eat? Ricordeas I understand will but what about Mushrooms?

I love your FTS!!!!!!!!
One of the tanks / systems here that motivated me!

60074-albums13960-picture67507.jpg

This was told to me to be a Green Mushroom. It was a favorite but kept moving all over the tank, and I am not too sure how. It eventually got stuck in a bad spot and I couldn't really get it out. I am hoping it is still alive when I move my rocks to change tanks.

This one just split last month seems to be 2.
60074-albums13960-picture67534.jpg

A little Blue stripe one which is about double the size now than when I got it. I will get a better pic of it, but I love it's color.
60074-albums13960-picture67476.jpg

Low to medium lighting. The lower the light, the bigger the mushroom. Low to medium flow. They like slightly dirty water, phosphates around 1ppm seems to keep them happy. Lower phosphates to promote color in hard corals will sometimes cause mushrooms to die back. They like to be fed as well, but just leftover fish food seems to suit them fine.

Here are a few of mine including a Yuma and a group of elephant ears. Can't say I do much to encourage their growth but they seem happy. Nice sea of red and blue mushrooms Greg. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418668730.436586.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418668773.356858.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418668788.394161.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418668815.689351.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418668842.197990.jpg

OLd pics and poor cell pics but here is my green yuma. Almost 5 inches across now.

Attachments

• yuma.jpg
    yuma.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 143
  • yuma2.jpg
    yuma2.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 138
Ricordea & Mushroom Show Off & Discussion

Lava Lamps

Ric that started as a single and split (with Supermans behind it)

St. Thomas Mushroom

I've got a couple other shrooms, but could not get good pics. Will try later...

Thanks. I really want to get a little area in my tank with a few more cool Ricordias grouped together.

A little group of Superman shrooms that popped up on the other side of the tank...

Back
Top Bottom