Ricordia Color Variants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, I do not have any pics, nor can I get any that show ANY detail

I have some common green ricordia, reddish-purple base, green tip mushroom, kinda like a very short tentacled anenome (have heard it refereanced as a type of disc anemone actually)

Anyways, I have a rock of the green ricordia, about 7 or 8 individual specimens from 1/4 inch to 1.5 inch across (gorgeous looking piece BTW)

A piece of live rock I got a little while back had what I thought was a polyp on it, but upon closer examination, it looks exactly the same structure as my green ricordia, except the color. This guy has a whitish/pink disc and pinkish/red tips, has the mouth the same 'stalk' I gues I would call it as the ricordia. Now, nowhere have I found this color variant for sale, so I am wondering if all it is is just a color variant of ricordia?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=658

for referance

They do come in pink but of all I have seen they are a dark pink .There are shades that look almost peach in color . Sounds like a nice find !! A pic would help to be sure that what you are seeing is a ric/yuma

I would live to, but the only camera I have access to isnt mine, hte scren is broke, so I dont know what I am taking a picture of..and I dont know how to use it for taking good close-ups, especially in a tank filled with water..

Congratulations.
Those are some of my favorite corals.

http://homepage.mac.com/jabaro/OrangeRicordia.html

My LFS sells the blue/green variety for $15-20/polyp and the pink/orange varieties for $30/polyp.
I have a beautiful one in my tank that has purple fringe on the outside edge, a pink/orange body disk, and a bright green mouth in the center.
I'm slowly working up the courage to propagate it with a razor... :crazyeyes:

The one variety I'd really like to get, which I can't find anywhere, is a dark blue "blueberry" ricordia.
The only time I've seen them is on ebay auctions and they've always been bid up way too high for my liking ($150+).

Back
Top Bottom