Ricordia questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
They're beautiful. I want one so bad, it's ridiculous. So here are my questions, so it's happy.

What kind of current?
What intensity lighting?
What does it eat - or is it predominantly photosynthetic?
Placement level in the tank?
Difficult-Moderate-Easy to care for, in your opinions?

I have 2x250w MH 10,000K. Actinics and the 3rd MH will be added soon.

There's another coral at the LFS that is also really cool. I'm pretty sure they mislabeled it, as their label system is terrible (dry erase marker on the outside of the tank, which they sometimes forget to update), so I am looking for a picture online. It is medium sized, I'd say about the size of a softball, with "tentacles" extending farther. The center is green (under actinics) and each end has little 1/2"-1" fingers that sway in the current. I think it's a kind of polyp, but I can't find though I'm still looking. Any suggestions on things it might be?

THANKS!

1) Low
2) moderate to intense
3) mine eats what it catches, otherwise there better be enough light
4) mine are on the bottom in a corner, under halides in a shallow tank
5) Easy

Sounds like gonipora, if so, stay away

Thanks for the info on the Ricordia, Kevin. Sounds like they'll do fine in my tank.

As for the Gonipora, it wasn't labelled as a Flowerpot Coral, and I don't think it was "Gonipora sp." but I'll admit it looks a whole lot like the pics of Gonipora Pendulus I've found. Ah it's really cool lookin', so that is upsetting.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom