Ricorida Mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharkMan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is there any was to keep these with standard output flouresents? I have a 45 gallon FOWLR tank. live aquaria says low to moderate lighting but I don't know what that means. Thanks.

The standard flourecents will probably be in the low range. I personally think they need more light than that but let`s hear from someone who has one.

I have two of those under 130W light. When i put them high on the rock work, they didn't do too well. When i put them low near the sand bed with some shade of the upper rocks, they seem to be happier. They require moderate lightand too bright light can harm them. I don't know if ur light is enough for them tho

I agree you do not have enough light. FF are you talking about ricordea mushrooms? I have my ricordia under MH sun replicators and they love light. I have never seen or heard of them liking "shade from the upper rocks"

FF are you talking about ricordea mushrooms?

Wow thanks brenden, i have an unidentified frag that i got from the LFS for $5, which turned out to be a ricordea. Yay, finally find out what it is. I do have 2 ricordia frags tho. The first 3 days i put them near the light, they shrinked inside. The third night, i moved them down and the next morning they expanded beautifully. I guess my corals are freaks :D

Back
Top Bottom