Right Size Tank for Nano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hesus321

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, i will be starting a nano soon for my dorm and was wondering if this is tank will be able to house one.? I do not know exactly the gallon size, but i think it is around 8?

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0308_3.jpg

looks like a 5.5 to me... and to be honest if it can hold water... someone will have it made into a nano sooner or later.

so.. yes

-Brad

If you have the dilligence to take care of it then it should be OK. Good luck with it.

You school may have a limit on the tank size, what about the sump size? :)

Make a 5-8 gallon nano with a 20 gallon sump! Easier for water quality that way :)

yeh, ASU has a 10 gallon limit for fish tanks. However, they have no regulation on a sump tank...*mischievous grin*

I wouldn't bother trying to manipulate the school rule considering that a sump is still a tank and part of the overall 'fish tank scheme.' However, if you are going that route you might as well purchase a 10g and use the 5g as the sump. There is an easy way to find out the size: Length x Width x Height / 231 = Gallons

my buddy thats in college has a 10 gal display with a overflow going to a 30gallon built into the stand... no one has clued in yet and hes on year 3

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom