Ritteri Anemone ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone. Is anyone aware of a coral that greatly resembles a Ritteri Anemone?

At the LFS it was not labeled as an Anemone, and it does not have the "foot" like base of an Anemone. It has a hard base. I was told that it was a coral. It was labeled a "Gold Tip" something or other, but not a "Gold Tip Ritteri".

I am concerned that I have added an Anemone to my tank unknowingly and out of ignorance.

Any ideas?

Sounds like it could either be a frogspawn or a torch coral.

Torch
showphoto.php

Frogspawn (linked from cal91666's gallery)
showphoto.php

This is a ritteri...
showphoto.php

Cheers
Steve

hmmm.... no internal hotlinking allowed?

Just rightclick and select view image.

Cheers
Steve

Steve, there is a reason you are an Advisor!!! Thank you, it is a torch coral. I now remember that is what it was labeled in the store. It looks SOO much like the Ritteri, how crazy. Any tips on keeping this bad boy?

Good water quality as always, proper alk/ca levels as well as the necessary light for production of zooxanthellae. These guys will also benefit from very small chunks of fortified meaty seafoods every so often.

Make sure it does not get too close to other corals with it's sweepers. It can often start a chem war and the torch is often the looser. They also prefer med-low water flow.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom