RO ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok here's the deal.. I've been going to my LFS to get my RO at .25 a gallon and then mixing my salt at home..I just went to a different LFS and found they carry premixed RO with the salt for only .50 They keep the level at 1.024-1.026 Does this sound like a good deal or should I just stick with mixing it myself?

around here i can get 200 gallons worth of marine salt for $40. if you can get the same deal it is worth it to buy the salt and mix yourself. if you take the .25 extra cents a gallon and multiply by 200 gallons its $50 for that salt and would be $40 to buy the salt and mix yourself. although for $10 convenience factor might play in. its really up to you.

50 cents a gallon for premixed SW isn't bad, most places sell for a buck per gallon. What brand salt do they use?

I was in Boulder CO yesterday and stopped into a LFS that I had not heard of before and they had premixed SW at $1.69/gal. What a rip off. Was not even a nice store. First time I walked out of one without spending a dime.

I gave them a call and they said they use instant ocean..

Back
Top Bottom