Ro / di

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AZdogpatch06

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just got my rodi system from bulk reef supply today! It's pretty darn cool and it should be for almost $200. My only concern is I'm filling my freshwater tank and my saltwater tank with my new ro unit, for a total of 45 gallons. Pure water and waste water combined that's over 200 gallons in water. How do people with 100+ gallon tanks afford the spike in their water bill when they first fill their tanks?! :eek:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It isn't pretty. I live someplace where water is plentiful. Don't know how I would work it if I lived in California. I would sure capture the run off from the RO unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am capturing it. I'm using it to water plants. But my lord that's a lot of water. I can't imagine having a bigger tank. I have half a mind to leave my tap water in the 25 gallon reef and just slowly add rodi water via water changes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have almost 400g of saltwater tanks up and running right now. lol I go through ro/di water like no ones business. I make about 90g a week I'd say, probably more. I have the bulk reef supply 75g per day plus unit with a piggybacked membrane to double the output and cut down the waste water. It works really well. :) My water bill is never ever over $20. usually it's like 16$ a month. I live in florida and my water company is the cheapest I have ever seen. Works out for me very well.

Back
Top Bottom