Ro/di

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackett91

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just bought a Ro/di for my 75g. Everything I've read has pretty much said they are needed. I was using tap water treating it with prime, some bio and salting it myself. Is the Ro/di really that great? For those of you using one have you seen a difference? Picture of the tank as well.... Image1492895591.199185.jpg

Get a digital tds meter, test your source water than test the rodi. Proof is in the pudding. Yes rodi is that great...

Cool thanks. Yeah my tap is actually pretty decent that's why I continued with it for awhile. I got pretty excited setting up the ro however waiting for the water isn't so fun haha

Where I live, the drinking water had won awards for how great it was. Sadly, all those things in the water aren't that great for our fish and other livestock.
What makes ro/di water such a necessity is that it is stripping everything out of the water. There are hundreds of things that we can't even test for, like fluoride, that isn't great for fish. These levels can rise and go unchecked and even cause total system failures. The things that we aim not to have in our systems, nitrate, phosphate, are also included in what is removed. By making the water stripped of everything in it, we can then control what is going into our systems with our salt mixes and anything else we decide to add to the system (like dosing).

Back
Top Bottom