ro/di

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok, so ive got the ro/di installed. is it normal for the water pressure to go down (next to nothing)? or does that mean i dont have enough wter pressure in the first place?

I assume you mean the water pressure coming out of the end of the RO/DI. Yeah, it will be much less after the water is "processed". That is normal.

How many gallons per day does you RO/DI handle? I have a 75GPD unti so I have a "little" stream coming out of the end of mine.

i think its 75 or 100. ive got hooked to the faucet, so the water coming out doesnt have much pressure at all. im glad to hear that is normal, i thought it wasnt taking out any of the "bad stuff" if there wasnt enough pressure, thanks.

normal house water pressure is 55psi. most ro/di run the best at 65psi which is recommended. my house is 65psi. if you have a pressure gauge on you unit thats good. but not nessary. you can always buy one cheap. on my deluxe maxxima 35g.p.d. i have the t.d.s. monitor and pressure gauge. the water comes out really fast drip to steady small steam. when starting new the water will take it's time coming out of the blue line, your red or waste water should have a fast thick stream. you always have to let in run in the sink for 1/2 hour from new carbon or D.I. your T.D.S. monitor will tell you when it's ok. mine runs at 005 for 10 min then to 000. the other 20 min is playing it safe. with no D.I. your phos reading should be o. if membrane is dirty .oo2 max.

you may find use of a pressure tank AFTER the ro membrane. I have a 2.5 gallon one which allows the water to flow out of the tap at a much faster rate. of course once I use it up, it drops back to a tiny trickle.

thanks for the tip. i think ill just deal with it, after all no more trips to the store for water! hehe. here in fl, the water is awfull, so im glad just to be able to drink from the faucet. i was mainly concerned if that would make the unit not perform, but it is, because we used to have alot of pressure. thanks, if i get annoyed enough ill try it.

a booster pump is a good investment to a ro/di unit... I got one on ebay for a great price..
They bring the unit up to the propper pressure needed. Running the unit on a pump saves me money in the long run... I used to change out the resin about every 2 months now I am running with the same resin 9 months now...

would you happen to have the link or the seller? or can i just search booster pump for ro/di? excuse the ignorance, im not sure what im looking for.

take a 1 gal water jug and see how long it takes to fill up. from your blue line. a 24g.p.d=1 g.p.h. 50=2g.p.h. 75=3g.p.h. 100=4g.p.h. if you get alot more ; than flow restrictor is not seated right, same for too less. i would just run it to your sump and have a float valve there so no more adding water,auto top off.

Back
Top Bottom