Ro di experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse.R

Aquarium Advice Activist
Soo I'm getting a reef tank soon! Just some questions on how other people do with their ro di systems. Is it a pain to use or pretty easy for the most part. Any tips or tricks? Hope to get some replies!

Since a salt water tank needs to stabilize first for about at least 4 months before you can put some corals on it, using an RO at first is okay which is available in your nearest grocery store at 25 cents/gal. You can have fish only with live rock until your tank is ready for corals. You can then have time to get ready to install an RO/DI. The best place for it is under your kitchen sink. You need a 3/8 in gate valve from your water supply to attach the plastic tubing and you need to provide a drain for the waste by product. I started with an RO with faucet included and just added the "ad on" DI later. I have a pressurized reservoir tank of about 1.5 gal and I collect it whenever I can until i have about 20 gal per week for my partial water change.

Soo I'm getting a reef tank soon! Just some questions on how other people do with their ro di systems. Is it a pain to use or pretty easy for the most part. Any tips or tricks? Hope to get some replies!

I have mine on the patio hooked up to the hose bib with the waste water going to the plants or pool. Very easy to hookup and use.

I have a 6 stage that I usually hook up once per week after I've done my water change to refill what I've used, and I keep 2 7 gallon totes and about 9 1 gallon jugs all the time, for top offs and drinking.

Go to bulkreefsupply.com and look at their ro gear. They have put together a great amount of turtorial videos that are very helpful. They usually attach videos to their product pictures etc. I found it comforting to see how to assemble things I bought.

You can either install it into a 'permanent' spot, like under the sink, or hook it up to a hose outside and put it away when done with it.

Either way its simple!

Back
Top Bottom