Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-06-2004, 04:08 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

ro/di filter

I see a lot of posts about these filters and the benifets from using ro water. I would like to get one of these filters if it means a healthier, happier tank.
I looked them up online and I have what is probably a stupid question. Does this get piped in with the main aquarium accessories, or do you filter the water directly from the faucet? The tubing I saw on the ro filter websites looked like 1/4 inch. The pvc and tubing for my tank is all 1/2-3/4 inch. I'm not even sure how I would connect it.
Also I would appreciate if anyone could recomend a good brand?

thanks a lot!!

Old 11-06-2004, 05:32 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
The typical setup is to filter water from the faucet and store it in a plastic container for later use...water changes, ect... There are several different ways to connect it to your water supply. I would recommend Aqua FX.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:21 AM   #3

I just bought a RO/DI system off e-bay and installed it a couple of days ago. I hooked it to the cold water line under the kitchen sink. That way I can use it for both drinking water and the aquarium. My unit came with everything I needed to connect it and detailed instructions.
120 Lbs LR
Livestock: 1 Yellow Tang, 1 Foxface Rabbitfish, 3 Blue Damsels, and 2 Aenonome's.
Interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 09:22 AM   #4

I just bought a RO/DI system off e-bay and installed it a couple of days ago. I hooked it to the cold water line under the kitchen sink. That way I can use it for both drinking water and the aquarium. My unit came with everything I needed to connect it and detailed instructions.
120 Lbs LR
Livestock: 1 Yellow Tang, 1 Foxface Rabbitfish, 3 Blue Damsels, and 2 Aenonome's.
Interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 09:49 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can also get a hose adaptor to use on your washing machine hook up. Very easy hook up. You just need a duel hose adaptor from HD of Lowes $5, and your good to go. You do need to order the hose adaptor from on line unless you have a local place where they sell them. Most RO units use the quick connect , john Guest fittings.

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filter, ro/di

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com