Ro/Di Filter questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok So I got my 6 stage ro/di filter today.. I was planning on doing a 20gal water change in my 55 gal tank.. The tank that is on my Ro/DI unit is only a 3 gal tank.. Would it be the same thing if I did four 5gal water changes over the course of 2 days???

TIA,
James

BTW anyone that wants a 6 stage 85gpd RO/DI filter you can check this out on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2345975668&category=20755

The guy is the distributor and at $118.00 plus 25.00 shipping its not a bad deal at all.. It includes everything for setup as well..

Would it be the same thing if I did four 5gal water changes over the course of 2 days???

Nope, you'd be better off coolecting the water 3g at a time, in a larger container and doing the waterchange in 2 days. I am pretty sure there is a way to T off the line to the resevoir and just make water for your tank.

Kent makes a float kit with a shutoff solenoid that should be easy to retro onto your unit. I set one up last month using a 55gal plastic drum for a holding tank. The float system has worked flawlessly so far although I did plumb in an overflow in case it hung up.

Yes I can bypass the tank and have the water run directly thru the DI filter portion.. I am planning on going and picking up a 30gal rubbermaid garbage can but I am still stumped as to where I am going to put it so that its out of the way.. I guess I will just use my 5gal bucket to transfer it.. I am going to have to get a PH for the rubbermaid container to circulate the water as well correct???

Thx Again,
James

A Mag 2 or 5 would do a good job for circulation. You could screw in a hose nipple in the output side, then use the pump to transfer the water. That's how I do it anyway...works pretty well.

You might want to look around for a rain barrel. I got a 55 gallon PVC rain barrel, because of the insulation qualities of the barrel it is much easier to keep the temperature in sync with my main tank.

Back
Top Bottom