Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy2727 View Post
I don't think you should have been running the the DI until after the first 30-50 gallons and the water was running cleaner. You will probably have to replace it sooner than you otherwise would have.

I'll go remove the DI from the process right now, I've only produced about 2gallons so far if I'm lucky.

I made a quick video of what the setup looks like now, I'll clean up the hose mess once everything is running smoothly.

VID-20110307-00016.mp4 video by jasonmoreau - Photobucket

Old 03-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Not trying to high jack but I had a quick question on this stuff. I was wondering. If you put a float valve on the clean side, how do you get the waste side to shut off on it's own? I hate the idea of making waste and not getting the clean water cause the barrel is full. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

55 Gallon, 50 lbs live rock, 50 more coming soon, 60 lbs live sand, siphon overflow, 20 gal sump with heater, 50 micron pad filter, bio balls, and a protein skimmer, returned via one 800 gph pump through 4 vortex flow enhancers, 2 350 power heads. One blue legged hermit wondering around....
aborgardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aborgardt View Post
Not trying to high jack but I had a quick question on this stuff. I was wondering. If you put a float valve on the clean side, how do you get the waste side to shut off on it's own? I hate the idea of making waste and not getting the clean water cause the barrel is full. Thanks

check out this link,
tells you what to do

YouTube - Auto Shut Off Valve Installation Demo - Bulk Reef Supply BRS
Old 03-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks much

55 Gallon, 50 lbs live rock, 50 more coming soon, 60 lbs live sand, siphon overflow, 20 gal sump with heater, 50 micron pad filter, bio balls, and a protein skimmer, returned via one 800 gph pump through 4 vortex flow enhancers, 2 350 power heads. One blue legged hermit wondering around....
aborgardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

You might want to pre-filter your water prior to sending it to the ro unit. Just a cheap canister filter will catch a lot of what is clogging the ro unit.

Tags
ro/di

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com