Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-20-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via ICQ to Vanphyre Send a message via AIM to Vanphyre
RO/DI Installation Help - So Close

Hey all,

My RO/DI Unit just arrived from FilterDirect. I am so excited to get this thing hooked up and finally giving my tank what it needs! I understand how to hook up the Cold Water Feed, Pressurized tank, and Line outs to the Faucet (before DI stage) and dispensing valve (after DI stage).

I am having trouble determining where to tap into my Drain Line. There doesn't seem to be much plumbing under the sink to give me any options. I attached a picture of it. Can anyone please offer some suggestions? It is weird cause my straight tube under the sink is metal, and not PVC. Then it goes right into the bends, which won't allow me to tap in properly.

Thanks for any help!

2 Maxi-Jet 1200's
RO/DI Water Changes 10% a week
Vanphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I had a very similar problem! I had no vertical pipe to put it on (like the instructions say)
If I were you I would go for the vertical metal pipe if at all possible! Best betis to replace it with PVC? It does look like you could just replace the fitting at the top and the compression fitting with a union (Im not too sure about replacing the drain stop). Just do NOT put it on the PVC compression valve just below the metal pipe (I think it would comprimise the integrity of the seal). Hope this helps.

Old 03-21-2006, 07:57 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via ICQ to Vanphyre Send a message via AIM to Vanphyre
Do you think there would be any issues tapping into the metal pipe and using the plastic clamps? I am afraid of this not working well, but am not a plumber. hehe. No idea how I would replace it with a PVC pipe either.
Thanks for the reply Dave.

Another Question: RO/DI Water comes from the Cold water pipe. Can I put this directly into my tank, or do I need to let it get to room temperature first? I'm talking for 2-3 gallon top off for evaporation.
2 Maxi-Jet 1200's
RO/DI Water Changes 10% a week
Vanphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Plastic with the foam seal it has shouldn't be a problem in my mind...
I think most people will tell you warm up the water. I just keep it in jugs at room temp...Im only adding a gallon or so

Tags
ro/di, stall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com