RO/DI Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpEd

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got my RO/DI unit from yesterday and I had a couple of installation questions.

First, I am going to try and plumb it to be semi portable due to remodeling in my house. I can't permanently install it yet. I was going to use the adapter that plugs screws into the faucet.

The unit came with a 2 foot piece of 1/8 inch tubing that is designed to connect to a faucet.

What do I need to use for the tubing to get it to my rubbermaid tub or other storage container?

I thank you and my fish, corals, and inverts thank you.

What brand did you get? Most come with output hoses for the starage container.
Can you post a link to the unit you have?

That is really all you need. A larger diameter hose will not produce water any faster. It is just a slow process. Keep in mind, for every gal of RO/DI filtered water you get inyour collection tub you will have 4-5gals of waste water going down the drain.

You can purchase a float switch that attaches to your rubbermaind container and when the water reaches the right level it will shut the ro unit off including the waster water side. I think Kent makes ro float switches.

I mounted mine portable as well, mine is just sitting on a shelf and I bought a y valve for the washing machine feed water faucet that way I don't hog the sink faucet when I'm making water. I also purchased an additional 15 feet of 1/4 inch tubing to reach my holding container. I have the same exact unit as you that I purchased from Ebay it works great you will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom