Ro DI system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigbrother

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just installed a RO system last nite becuz I was using tap water for my reef tank an my water suckes so I decided to buy a unit an foiled up a 50g container will mix salt on there aswell an install a drop heater an adjust the ph to match my tank hopefully it will make a difference in my water chemistry

It should make a big difference. What about you water now that is not good? Are you having algea issues?

melosu58 said:
It should make a big difference. What about you water now that is not good? Are you having algea issues?

Yea bad algae on the glass it's green but now with this unit I hope it stops

melosu58 said:

Yea bad algae on the glass it's green I hope with this unit it stops

I hope it get better I got a lot of corals that were starting to die off

Thanx another thing since I was using tap water I was using prime conditioner now since I will be using the RO unit does that mean I don't need the prime conditioner any more ???

Filled up a 32 gallon container can't wait to see the better results with this new water

It may take a few weeks to see a change. I started with tap water and it drove my parameters crazy as far as phosphates but after about 3 month of using ro.di water the levels dropped and all went alot better. :)

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom