I bought the aquasafe system a few weeks ago, seems to be working great.
Before hooking it up, I unscrewed some of the fittings that were not teflon taped and sealed them with a little silicone. The ones with tape (which I thought very strange since they tell you that teflon tape doesn't work very well), I left alone. Hooked it up and had ZERO leaks. Well, the only leak I had was the one hose that I put in and didn't seat fully. Pulled it out, re-inserted it correctly and no problems.
I was a little surprised too at the rate that I am getting water. I've read that the ratings are done with like 70 degree water, if it's colder the rate decreases. Cold as the water is already, I'm guessing I'm getting about 70% of the rated capacity (100gpd).
To this point. I've also found Ed at Aquasafe to be helpful.