ro/di unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

utahcutter

Aquarium Advice Regular
What's the difference between a plain RO unit, and an RO/DI? Maybe if I knew what the letters "DI" stood for I would be able to figure it out myself. Looking into purchasing one. Are there any prefered brands out there? Any to stay away from? TIA

Ok, did the smart thing and read the article about RO/DI units. So now I know what the difference is. Still would like any suggestions on brands. :p

many are happy with their purchases from ebay (aquasafe, filterdirect etc...) I'd go with a 100GPD one. The ebay ones have good prices.

ebay ones have good prices.
I agree

Also our sponsors have some great deals going too.. You might want to check with them as well..

HTH,
James

Hey,Utah. I have a kent maxxima hi-s ro unit 60 gpd it claims to remove 99.9 of impurities ro is reverse osmosis and di is de ionization. I got my unit from the lfs it set me back 199$$ good luck

Well, thanks for the advice. Had spotted one on ebay which caused me to post the question, now it's on it's way to my house. Hope it works out good, if it doesn't I guess it will be a learning experience that didn't cost my $200.

Back
Top Bottom