RO/DI unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swiftwing7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking into purchasing an RO/DI unit and discovered that the prices on ebay for a new unit are much cheaper than those of sim iliar quality sold in online stores. I just wanted to make sure i'm not getting ripped off if I buy this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20756&item=4317481767&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
IS this an okay deal or is this not a good company to buy from. I like the price compared to similiar ones online for 200-300 dollars for even less gpd. So what should I do? IF this is a bad deal can anybody direct me to a good RO/Di unit online?

Thanks Swift
P.S. if this is a good deal don't steal it :evil: :wink:

I jst bought one very similar to that one there. I have not gotten it yet it is still i transit. Expecting on the 12th of August.

There are people here that say the one you are looking at is a good system, but there are also some who don't care for it. You will find that with just about anything out there. Some people have bad luck with a system, some others don't.

Just let this thread go for a bit and you will see. Then you can make a decision based upon what you get here. I went with Aqua-safe canada. Basically the same system.

Mike

I'll be the first to chime in and say that I have it and so far so good. Works good, easy to install and the price was great

I bought the exact same one from filtersdirect and am happy with it. I just need to setup my autotopoff and I will be done.

Hi,

May I know do below setup is RO/DI system? In our country we called "diamond water" but I don't know do this system is RO/DI or not?

Please guide. Thanks

detail01.jpg

I have a water system long ago never uses in my store room, just want to know, wherether this system can feed my reef tank or not.. :) 8O

There have 7 filter (7 in 1), water will go from step 1 to step 7.

Brand : PureLife (Diamond PLUS/Life Energy Water System)
Model : PL-3000

Step 1 : Sediment Filter
Step 2 : Silver Activated Carbon
(Design by USA)
Step 3 : Positive Ion Resin Plus
(With carbon block/design by germany)
Step 4 : Energy Converter 1
Step 5 : Energy Converter 2
Step 6 : Silver Mineral Bio Ball
(With Far Infra-Rays and Carbon Block)
Step 7 : UF membrane Filter
(This UF membrane filter remove water contaminants)

So do this think this system could use it for reef?

Thanks!

looks like a ro/di type set up? Very cool looking unit... I would make some water then test it with a TDS meter and test kits that would be the best way to know what it dose.

I got mine online at E-bay. It was very simular to that unit, but I dont like their DI system. The one I got has cartages. Look around for another unit. I got a 100gpd RO/DI unit for $115. It's been working for over a year with great sucess. I change the filters every 6 months.

It's my understanding that there are only 2 companies that make membranes and they are both good companies so the main difference is DI resin. I have had some good and some not so good resin, don't get me wrong they all worked just some do not last as long as others. I have had resin burn out after making only 200 gal of water while others last 3-4 x's that. So get a fair priced unit and just shop around for good resin.

seaham358 said:
looks like a ro/di type set up? Very cool looking unit... I would make some water then test it with a TDS meter and test kits that would be the best way to know what it dose.

oh? TDS? What is this test? How I test it out? Machine? or chemical?

Thanks

TDS means "Todal Disolved Solids" and is a measurement of everything in the water. Look on ebay or other online stores for a "TDS Meter" it is an electronic probe (like a termometer) that you simply place in the water (follow it's instructions) and it will display a number on a small LCD screen.

Back
Top Bottom