RO/DI Unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't tell you who makes the best but I can tell you that the Water General one being sold by filterdirect on eBay is pretty good.

The Aqua FX line is real nice as well. All aluminum brackets and made in america.

air water ice has nice units.... right now IMO they are all pretty much the same. The only real difference is the resin they use in the Di cartridge. shop around for the best price and you can always upgrade the filters if you dont get the water quality your looking for.
I have a AWI 100gpd unit and love it..... But there are other units cheaper and they work the same.

My preference is Aqua FX. The built in pressure gauge and available inline TDS meters make their units stand out from the crowd IMO. Customer support is also good.

WOW, 150 PPM from a well! That's amazing. I thought I was fortunate to be right around the 300ppm mark from cuty water. And I know some one city water closer to 500ppm.

-but to answer the question, it depeneds on the use. I have a 6 stage from filters direct and can't complain at all. But I also know that AquaFX and others have proven themselves as well.

R-

I use the AquaFX Baracuda, and as mentioned love the inline TDS meter, the pressure gauge and the clear canisters so you can see the condition of your filters.

BTW, my well runs at 85 ppm and filters to 0 ppm, but I am on Lake Superior with all sand soil, so the natural filtration is good.

Thanks. My city water has 375+ PPM phosphate... lol, so I'll need to get one. Maybe I can find an AquaFX at 23 GPD with a 50 gallon storage container.

For the price, I'd go with a 100gpd Barracuda. Aqua FX also has storage containers with float valves in pretty much any size you want.

23 gpd IMO is way too slow... For the extra bucks go with a 75 or 100 gpd unit you will be happy that you did. If you ever need water in a hurry a 23 gpd unit will not cut it. If you have low water pressure it will take for ever to make water. I had friends that had low GPD units and they were much happier when they switched to the 100 gpd membrane.

Back
Top Bottom