RO /DI Unit. Is this any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We got that same unit off Ebay. it makes 2.5 g at full pressure, when the tank is empty it slows down to a trickle and takes about 2 hours to fill back up. Enough for top off. Otherwise no problems.

We got that same unit off Ebay. it makes 2.5 g at full pressure, when the tank is empty it slows down to a trickle and takes about 2 hours to fill back up. Enough for top off. Otherwise no problems.

I got the exact same thing for $63.99 :) Works awesome. Aquasafe Canada is well liked on here.

I ended up buying the filters and had to get a booster pump so it cost more.

TDS of 1 on the final satge.

Wow, thanks for the quick replys. I was thinking of putting it in the crawl space right under the tank. This way it is out of sight, then use a top off system to control it.

Are the caartriges easily available?
Do they "expirez' quickly? Well I guess that depends on your water quality to start with.

Anyway thanks for the info.

Mike

Go with AquaSafeCanada for the Ro/Di.. There is another Person "FilterDirect" The prodoct is ok... Mine came with 2 partially clogged filters and Was told to remove 1 and it would be ok... I bought a 6 stage ro/di.. If I wanted a 5 stage I would have went and bought one LOL... FWIW Stay far away from Filterdirect and go with Aquasafecanada... Better customer service and probably better product..

James

I have the Filter direct one as well. After I run it for 15 seconds I get 0 TDS. I like it better then that one, because it has a clear DI cartridge so you can see when it needs to be changed.

I also have a six stage unit from Filterdirect/ebay. I've had no problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom