RO/DI Unit Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haub

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got an RO/DI unit on Ebay from Aqua-Safe Solutions. The problem is that I'm making more pure water than waste water. Is this possible? How does the membrane channel the waste water vs. the pure water. Did I install the membrane incorrectly? Scratching my head here.

did a short test....making about 425ml of waste water to 500ml of pure water. So it's almost 1:1 with slightly more pure water being made than waste water. This seems screwed up to me.

Are you sure all the lines are connected correctly? Getting that much pure water is unusual even with optimum temp and pressure. I can't remember if the membrane has to go in a certain way or not, but I would certainly check that as well. Do you have a pressure gauge on the system?

I don't have a pressure gauge on the system, but believe that my pressure is fine. I checked all of the lines and they are hooked up correctly. I'm using a faucet adapter for this setup and running it directly from the faucet. At what pressure should I turn on the water?

Did you use a TDS meter to see if you're actually getting pure water?

lol...my next purchase. Used all my coin on the unit. For the most part in the beginning i was going to assume that i was getting decent water with a 6 stage unit as long as my water waste was either 3:1 or 4:1. Unfortunately, since I'm at 1:1 I have no warm fuzzy. Is there anywhere to get a TDS meter locally? Or will I have to order online and wait?

it looks like i got it working.....i had the membrane in backwards i think. (For some reason I couldn't get it in that way the first time so figured it was wrong). The instructions were less than clear. Right now I'm getting about 5 parts waste water to 1 part pure. This sounds about right with my crap tap water. I'll get a tds meter to verify the solids. Thanks everyone for your help!

Back
Top Bottom