Ro/di unit question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iceman72

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone. I wanted to ask probably a silly question. I was checking out a nice RO/DI system on bulk reef supply and it said it can produce 75g per day. But what if I don't need that much water? Can I turn it off and use it when needed? I usually like to keep 20g on hand for my 55g tank. I don't have the space to store that amount of water.

I use their 75 gpd unit for my 20 gallon and just use it when I need it. It takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to fill a 5 gallon bucket

Do you think it was worth your buy? Also do you keep it hooked up or disconnect it when done?

Yes definitely. I run an adapter that it comes with that lets you switch between the sink and the rodi unit.

Cool. I think I may buy that one. I'm getting tired of going to the store and buying 3G jugs of RO water.

One of the best investments I made. Like you I was sick of going to the lfs only for ro. You can make as much as you want and leave it hooked up. I did mine on my patio and hooked it up to the hose bib with a y on it,the waste water can water plants or flow into the pool.Rinse you food, clean stuff off and top off lots of uses and no more buying it at inconvenience times. You do have to replace the sediment,carbon and di when it turns brown like 20-30 bucks for all four if you get the 5stage. Which depends on how much you use.

If you do end up getting your RODI unit at BRS, please take a look at getting the Float valve kit (or just the float falve depending on your needs). It has saved water from overflowing in my buckets/brute cans over the years. It's nice to be able to set it and forget it.

Back
Top Bottom