Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-01-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to aquafreak Send a message via MSN to aquafreak Send a message via Yahoo to aquafreak
RO/DI Unit Recommendations

Which unit would you recommend for RO/DI? Which has the best customer support and prices? Is there a good place to get storage containers?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Talk to Darin about Aqua FX. He has the Barracuda unit for $199 with a 6% discount at www.captivereefs.com . You could go ebay, but then there's the lack of customer support.

~~Rob

Old 02-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I love my Baracuda.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:21 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to aquafreak Send a message via MSN to aquafreak Send a message via Yahoo to aquafreak
...i'll try to find one -- now all i've got to do is figure out how to hook it up

any places to pick up good water storage containers?
Old 02-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I bought my RO/DI on ebay. It works well, but I haven't had it for that long (FilterDirect). It was under 100$. My water containers I bought at my LFS. They're 5g jugs with screw on tops and air vents in the back (also with screw on caps). The LFS sold them for 6$. I keep 6 of them filled with RO/DI. I use 4 at a water change.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks. What is LFS?

Also, you LR had some really great hitch hikers. Where did you purchase it from? I'm disappointed with mine.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:03 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got mine from LiveRocks.com. My LFS (Local Fish Store) [Hint: if you over over any of those words that are colored and underlined you'll see the replacement for the acronym] had very expensive, very dull, ugly rocks. I ended up buying 30# of Gulf Rock and 30# of Keys Rock from LR.com. The 30# of gulf came with a GREAT set of hitch hikers. I liked the color and clams on the Keys Rock better though, but it doesn't have as much life on it). Some people have a mantis show up on their LR.com orders but I didn't have any of those. I got literally dozens of porcelain crabs and 1/2 dozen red crabs that I've removed all but one of. I was very happy with my order and when I order my next 30 it will be from them as well!

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:41 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a Kent Maine Maxima and like it just fine. Bottom line is that they are pretty much the same so bargon shop for the best price. Be sure to check with Darin (as mentioned) at www.captivereefs.com he is a wealth of knowlege and a sponsor of this fine site.

Tags
ro/di, unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com