Ro/di units

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. D

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking into making my 1st online purchase. I was looking at the 75gl a day value system from BRS. What type of increases should I see on my water bill verses the $0.50 a gallon I spend at my LFS. I buy about 30 gallons a month so $15.

Just curious to know if it really does save you a lot of money

I have seen a zero rise in my water bill, but my average bill for a 3 bedroom/2 bath house is only about $18 a month! In the end it will save you money and the convenience of having your water at home instead of lugging it is almost priceless! lol But seriously, I dont think I could have kept up if I didnt have my own ro/di. And on those rare occasssions when you need water right this instant it can be a godsend. Specially if you find you need water over a holiday weekend or a sunday night. :)

Its more convenient and you have more control. You can mix you're own salt to the salinity you want with the salt you want, reef vs fo salts which have more trace elements that you may or may not need.

I have the 75 gal 5 stage system from brs.. they are a good company and I like their dry rock too.

Sounds good enough for me! I hate having to run it back and forth all the time! Lol

I made up a spreadsheet based on my municipality's water rates, and it showed a quarterly bill increase of about $5 for my 20 gallon tank. It would take that much in gas just to make one trip to/from my LFS to buy the water.

(Jealous that carey's bill is only $18...our standard 'meter rate' is $22, and then they add usage on top of that).

Lets just say you got me beat, lol... $5 isn't bad though considering you save on gas and the 400% mark up in the water.

I ordered the BRS 5stage plus unit and the customer service was great. I placed my order on a daily deal but in the middle of my check-out it ended so I called them up today and they gave it to me for the sale price. I will definitely be giving them more business in the future.

I've ordered tons of stuff through BRS, and I agree, their customer service is outstanding, which is why I recommend them to people. (My only gripe is the $175 minimum for free shipping...would be nice if it were lower, but it doesn't keep me from buying from them).

My TDS is going in between 5-9. Makes me wonder if the RO unit would have been a better choice?

I'm happy with it but just wondering

My TDS is going in between 5-9. Makes me wonder if the RO unit would have been a better choice?

I'm happy with it but just wondering
An ro with 5 tds is much better than my ro which is 26. It dropped to 0 tds after installing an add on di. If you have a di it's time to replace your di medium.

An ro with 5 tds is much better than my ro which is 26. It dropped to 0 tds after installing an add on di. If you have a di it's time to replace your di medium.

I mean from the tap it is between 5 and 9 it is 0 out of the unit. I have the BRS 5 stage plus.

Back
Top Bottom