RO/DI water..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I used tapwater in my setup... and I plan on using distilled water for water changes.. I don't want to have a bad algae problem.. I have ls, gonna have lr... will a cleanup crew..and a tang, and water changes with distilled water keep down blooms?not gonna have corals till I'm WELL versed with fish and inverts.. Oh.. and if I do happen to have a bloom.. what do I do?

Using DI water should help lower the algae nutrients in the water so as to limit the blooms. There are other factors of course that will affect algae blooms.

What size tank, type of lights any fish in it yet? If so how much do you feed.
Add the LR before any fish because it may cause the tank to cycle if there is any die off....
Happen to have a bloom???? It all depends on what type algae...... IN a cycle you will go through several fazes and some have algae....

Some local pet stores have it and you can buy it in gallon jugs sometimes at places like Krogers or Walmart(not always, but some of them carry it)

That is all I have, anyone else know of any easily accesible places?

...try Ebay but be careful. Also, look around for some pet shops that can deliver water to you. I've made friends with the local Marine aquarium store and he even changes the water for me for a fee. RO/DI water is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom