Ro/di Water holder container?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gerridee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, ive purchased a reef bulk system ro/di filter..What makes good for a water container to store ro/di water i will be making..Any suggestions? ill need something....

Just got my RO/DI unit and those people at purewater club are great. Got it to me in two days. Also got the connection for feedline under sink and float valve so I can plumb right to my storage tank. Thanks again Carey for the link. I'll be making my water up this weekend.

Youre welcome, glad youre pleased. :)

You are gonna love not lugging buckets back and forth! LOL

Depending on how much water you go through gerridee, I use Home Depot buckets to store but a Rubber Maid tote to make it in. I keep a 5 gal bucket of SW and two of FW. Before I start my water changes I start making the RO/DI. By the time I am done with the PWC and cleaning up the tank I have enough to fill my empty bucket. I got the one Carey recommended but went with the 150 gal a day version. I love it.

Is there a point in time where stored water gets bad?

Is there a point in time where stored water gets bad?

I am not sure but I would think it is ok for at least a month. I rotate mine. That way, the water I use to mix my salt water is only 2 weeks old. Then it sits for another week before it goes in the tank (have a power head running in that bucket). So far, my parameters have been great.

Hello, ive purchased a reef bulk system ro/di filter..What makes good for a water container to store ro/di water i will be making..Any suggestions? ill need something....
I will try again purchased refill Di sediment I dident let the ro run long enough to remove the sediments of the fresh filters on the Ro part fact i turned it on and ran about 5 gal of flushing where instructions say to let it run for 1 hr. maybe the ro filters wernt broken in yet and dident get the time to really get themselves involved with filtering properly befor ntering the DI Filter, ill see what happens next refillthanks to all who have replied..

i use a 55 gallon drum and always keep a power head running in it, just to keep it moving. i also have a lid over it that doesn't allow light to get in.
so, light, plus standing water, makes for a short shelf life.

Back
Top Bottom