Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-10-2003, 12:38 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

i removed the charcoal filter and purged the lines albeit not by much and retested. an immediate drop to 0.1 ppm po4. will purge line more tomorrow and see if i get a better reading.

Peppermint Shrimp:
Crush two tbs minced mint leaves (no stems) with the juice of two limes, two tbs of sugar and a shot of light rum. Marinade eight cleaned jumbo shrimp for two hours in fridge or overnight (overnight is best). Skewer and salt shrimp. Broil or grill over medium high heat until shrimp become opaque (apx. two and a half min per side). Serve with black beans cooked with garlic, green onions, bacon and topped with a slice of lime.
douggiestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:47 AM   #12
cj10488

Quote:
the charcoal after the DI is the source of your phosphates
I got my filter from them as well and I do not have anything after my DI filter.. Your DI filter should be the very last thing your water passes thru.. My filter is a 6 stage and has 5 stages prior to the DI.. I would contact Filter Direct as it sounds like you might have gotten confused with the install directions of the DI filter part.. It took me 30 mins reading the install directions over and over before I comprehended it..

HTH<
James
Old 12-10-2003, 12:58 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

in the special note where it shows "details of the two filters on top" opt1 and opt2.

i used opt1 because i am not using the system for drinking water and that opt has the post di water go thru the charcoal filter. in opt2 "use for drinking water and aquarium use" the di does not go thru the charcoal filter. i followed the instructions exactly but could still get two different results.

there are only four stages before the di filter but there are a total of six stages when including the di filter and the polishing filter

Peppermint Shrimp:
Crush two tbs minced mint leaves (no stems) with the juice of two limes, two tbs of sugar and a shot of light rum. Marinade eight cleaned jumbo shrimp for two hours in fridge or overnight (overnight is best). Skewer and salt shrimp. Broil or grill over medium high heat until shrimp become opaque (apx. two and a half min per side). Serve with black beans cooked with garlic, green onions, bacon and topped with a slice of lime.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:08 AM   #14
cj10488

I just looked thru my install instructions on mine and the below was the only thing that I could find anywhere even close to what you mentioned.. And it shows the DI filter as the final stage as well..

HTH,
James
Old 12-10-2003, 01:18 AM   #15
cj10488

Here is also a picture of how mine is setup.. Now I have mine setup for drinking water as well but according to the Directions from my understanding is if you are using it for Just Aquarium Use you would remove the final Carbon Filter and put the DI filter in its place..

HTH<
James
Old 12-10-2003, 01:22 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

was that a special insert( a scrap of paper cut poorly with scisors)? or was that a page in the book? i wish i had my scanner hooked up. i do not have that diagram. oh well you live and learn

Peppermint Shrimp:
Old 12-10-2003, 01:24 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

**** youre fast!!!!!!!!!!

Peppermint Shrimp:
Old 12-10-2003, 01:28 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

doesnt look anything like mine all my fittings where quick connects. i ordered the setup without a tank. how about yourself?

Peppermint Shrimp:
Old 12-10-2003, 01:33 AM   #19
cj10488

Mine had the tank.. Also that was an Insert in the Manual.. Just a small piece of paper..
Quote:
darn youre fast!!!!!!!!!!
I can Be

Quote:
doesnt look anything like mine all my fittings where quick connects
I guess you can say all mine were quick connects as well to a sense.. All I had to do was stick in the hose and tighten down the nut.. Very easy.. My instructions came with and are for the 5 stage ro 585 unit..

HTH,
James
Old 12-10-2003, 01:42 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

no tightening for me just slide in or out very nice. we obviously got different stuff to some extent

Peppermint Shrimp:

Tags
ro/di, tap water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com