Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-28-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via ICQ to jackdp
RO filter basics?

We're going to be moving in about a month into a new house that has well water. Besides the fact that the well has already tested high for nitrates, I'm thinking I'll want a RO filter at least for the kitchen sink. I'm just not real keen on how they get plumbed into the sink. I've heard they generate waste water etc. Is there somewhere that has a basic drawing and description of how they get hooked in and operate. TIA

Brad C.
jackdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:44 PM   #2
There actually quite easy to hook up. I have mine under the bathroom sink so it can easily drain into the tub. Others place them in the laundry room for the same reason. If in the kitchen, you would need to drill a hole in the drain pipe. Easily done but keep in mind permanent. With well water I would also suggest a DI cartridge. You can easily plumb the unit so the RO is for drinking and the RO/DI for tank use.

I could only find a basic <<link>> (.pdf) on the workings but if you shoot me an email (don't post it here), I can forward you the info from the company I purchased from. It gives a little better detail on the hook up "intricacies".

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com