RO storage containers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishmike7979

Aquarium Advice Regular
What does everyone use? Brute cans? Rubber maid containers??

Just wondering cause I'm getting tire of filling up 5 gallon containers

+1 on the brutes. We drag them from the bathroom to,the lr with 20g and they are still going strong

I heard about brown film around the bottom on those, you ever experience that?

I don't have a large tank and I am using a 37 gallon rubbermaid tub. Seems sturdy. However, i just installed my ro/di system today so I don't know how it will work long term. Looks good so far.

Don't know about any brown film but I take both my brute cans every other fill outside and rinse them out real good.

I'll do that then thanks for the help! Last question is about kalk containers I've been seeing alot of people saying that you need to have the container your using closed. All I have is five gallon containers do you know where I can get the five gallon container similar to the one mr saltwater tank uses??

I use some 12 gal containers I got at Grainger.

19738-albums9044-picture34932.jpg

They are mounted up high so I can use gravity and a hose to get to my tank and top off reservoir.

Usually up in the front in the paint department. They are 5 gallon buckets that come with a lid. I bought about 12 of them when I had to move my 75 gallon tank. They still come in handy with water changes and cleaning equipment.

Oh I got a bunch of those I was talking about the 12 gallon containers in the pic fort384 posted

They are just 12 gallon potable water storage containers. I drilled and installed the bulkheads and nozzles myself (also from grainger). I also installed a float valve in each to turn off the RO system when full, and an overflow bulkhead in each at the top in case a float valve fails. All those parts came from grainger as well.

Back
Top Bottom