RO system question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,
I just picked up a new RO system. It is a GE 3 stage. In the past I used a spectra pure sytem that came with an adapter for a common hose. This sytem does not include the adaptor, it is supposed to be hard plumbed into your home. Does anyone use this system and where can I find a hose adapter to plug into the 1/4" hose on the RO unit? Thanks
Travis

not sure on the exact ends on your GE model BUT... if you go to Home Depot, Lowes, or just about any other hardware store you should be able to find the male pipe thread end for the size you have on the water system you picked up to a hose thread for a garden hose or laundry tub end.

they usually abbreviate the ends at MPT or FPT for Male or Female Pipe Thread and MHT or FHT for the hose thread versions. Since you said you have a 1/4 inch hose then you maybe have a male or female compression fitting though. My guess would be the place you bought it from if you got it retail would normally be able to provide the appropriate ends to convert it to a 3/4 inch hose thread which is a standard garden hose or laundry tub hose threaded end.

They also sell fittings/converters that have 3/4 inch pipe thread on one end and 3/4 inch hose threads on the other.

Ok I found the adapter. I had to drive to the mecca of Salt water shops in my area and pay all the money for it...but I have it and my new RO is up and running!

Back
Top Bottom