Ro unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi does anyone no if can set up ro unit to tap in bath/sink as want get one but can't plump it in where I'm living. Fed up of going shop for water and I live in uk if anyone can tell me some good brand of ro unit aswell that would be great, thanks

I'm not sure if sink plumbing is the same in the UK as it is in the US, but I can tell you that I plumbed in under my sink. If the standards on either side of the pond are similar, you disconnect the hose going from the valve coming out of the wall and the faucet and insert a valve like this one here:
John Guest Angle Stop Valve - Bulk Reef Supply

The harder part is going to be what you do with the waste water line. I guess you could simply run that line through the drain in your sink when you're actually producing water. I used a drain saddel clamp like the one in the link below for mine, but it does require drilling a small hole in the drain pipe to plumb it in.

Drain Saddle Clamp - 1/4" Push Connect - Bulk Reef Supply

As far as brand goes, I'm not sure what's available there, but I've learned the component pieces of an RODI unit are pretty much all the same. Some companies do a better job with their instructions, assembly, and customer service though. I do advise you get one with a DI section that is vertical and refillable. The vertical ones are more efficient and being refillabel will save you money in the long run.

I bought the Bulk Reef Supply 4 stage value plus RO/DI system - 75GPD and it comes with simple fittings to hook up to the kitchen faucet. You simply unscrew the current fitting on your faucet and screw in the fitting that comes with the unit. When your done making water simply unscrew and put the unit away. Also comes with a garden hose adapter. Im not sure if this is what your looking for but there is no plumbing needed.

Think the plumping the same here but can't plumb into the pipes but thanks, cool will have to have a look at that but thinking of using bathroom taps as live in flat so that garden tap bit might work

Where did u buy it from? Thanks again for ur help

BulkReefSupply.com

Also if the adapters that come with the product dont fit, you could very well be able to make it work with something from the hardware store.

Back
Top Bottom