RO unit & Prot. Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need to know what you guys recomend for a good RO unit and Protein Skimmer. I have a 150 tank that is primiarly going to be a fish only tank. I dont mind spending the money but I want a good unit for the money, Thanks.

I'm happy with my eBay unit from aquasafecanada. filterdirect is another one. Figure about $90-$100 for a good unit, new sediment and carbon filters every 6 months or so ($50 gives you 2 years).

Before we respond to the skimmer question, are you planning to run a sump/refugium? Cuz in-sump skimmers are more efficient than the hang-on types.

i'm happy with my aquasafe unit from canada as well, i bought it on ebay for 95 dollars. as for protein skimmer, do you have a sump with your 150 gal?

On a 150 an in sump skimmer is almost required; most hangon skimmers are not powerful enough for a 150 system. I would go with a Euroreef CS6-1 or a AquaC EV180. For an RO/DI Unit i like the AquaFX models. American made with a great company to back it up!

Yes I'm running a 30 gallon sump, Guess I should have gave all the info right the first time,lol

Back
Top Bottom