RO unit problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMist

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a D-D (Deltec?) 3 stage Ro unit, pre-filter, carbon, & membrane, anyways, how do you connect the thing up?

I connected the pipe from an outside tap to the pre filter, and attached the flow restrictor to the waste pipe. as far as I can tell its working (I don't have a TDS meter but the water tastes pure, unlike the tap water that tastes like liquid metal), the problem is the water that I am getting is literally dripping from the pipe, the tap is on full. should the flow restictor be open or close? why isn't it working? any help would be great. I really need it to fill up my 85 gallon tank + 15g 'fuge.

Dripping is about right. It will never "flow" out of the tube. Also,taste is no indicator. A TDS meter is the only sure way.

I know I probably should pick up a TDS meter, anyways, I know they produce alot more waste water than pure, however I thought there should at least be a steady flow, its supposed to do 42 gpd, if it even managed 30 gpd it should take no more than 4 days to fill the two tanks, I cannot even see it doing this in less than a month, it is actually leaving the tube drip by drip. is this really how it's supposed to work?

No it should be a staedy stream. What kind of water pressure do you have in the house? City or well water? Also did you tap into an existing line or did you do a T fitting?

40, that is too high. test the in coming water too. My in coming water is 44 and the output is 1. You may have the tubes hooked up wrong. Can you posts pics?

is 40 extremely high? only I really do not want to buy a new RO unit, refill the 100 gallons that have taken 2 days already, i'm not sure what my tap water is but i'll have it tested at some point, living close to London, I can probably assume the tap water is terrible anyway (at least a few hundred), plus I know the water is very hard, would it even be possible to lower this much more?

Back
Top Bottom