ro water smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
after changing out my 3 filters which i think i screwed up and added the di filter without running the water thru the carbon for a bit first ?!?!? right?? i should wait a bit ?? didnt do that before and didnt have any probs but my prob now is two things :
1) in the di filter there is a white plastic ring (this is a kent filter) well this one has shifted some how so its cock eyed in the filter which seamed to be weird to me ??? any thoughts on that do i have a bad di filter??
2) my tds meter shows my water being ok and it taste ok but smells like raw shrimp??? can figure out why ??

after my move i have not hooked up my pressurized water jug so had been turning the main water valve off when i was done making water !! but would run it eveyday to make up 10 or so gallons !! would that cause the smell ?!?! im lost !! would it be time for an ro membrane even though it shows ok ??

That fishy smell is a symptom of damaged deionizer resin. It could have been over heated in the past or maybe too many ions are getting past your RO membrane for some reason. The smell is amines from degraded resin but since they smell very strongly, there may not be enough present to affect pH, TDS, or ammonia readings.

hummm thanks thought something was up with the di filter !! due to the white ring being slanted in it !! wonder if dr.foster will replace it just got it a week ago ??

Back
Top Bottom