Rock anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willba200

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, does anybody know if these are easy to keep ? Thank you

I have a two in my tank they like medium flow and shaded areas mine like to bury them self's in the sand bed attaching to the rocks Spot feed chopped fish and or shrimp once a week they dont like nitrates so try to keep them as low as you can shoot for 1 ppm or less Rock Flower Anemone

YW just remember they can and will sting the crap outa other corals Nice thing about them is they tend to stay put once they find a place

I had 2 in my old tank. They are awesome. Especially on the sand bed. I wouldnt recommend touching them though. They will sting you lol.

My smaller one never stung at all. The bigger one got me once. Its kind of like a shock from a spark plug or low grade electric fence if I remember right. Didn't hurt really, more surprised me lol. Only did it cause I was trying to move him.

I will get the missus to put it in the tank then!!! Lol

She does everything for me...... Apart from my water changes. If we get married I'm going to request she does this in the vows! Lol . How big do they get by the way?

She's a keeper (y) Mine are large probably over fed, One is around 9 inches across the other is about 6-7 in.

I feed mine weekly both were small when i first got them the larger one is 5-6 years old now They can grow to 8-10 inches

I have frozen cubed brine shrimp. I will feed it tomorrow. How often do you feed?

Yes that's where mine is positioned. Now that is nice!

Back
Top Bottom