After lots of research and weighing the pros and cons of several approaches, including epoxy, drilling and using either vinyl or acrylic rods, CA
glues and/or a combination of different techniques... I elected to have the structural benefits of the Pukani work for me and take the easiest approach.
Pukani being very lightweight and very suitable to a Lincoln log approach, I took care to work with the rock... have it tell me... where each piece was added to have some sort of interlock with another piece. In this way, every piece stood or hung on to another without glue, etc. This allowed me to use very straightforward CA
glues as all I really needed was some reasonable amount of adhesion.
Before gluing I spoke with both Loctite and BSI (makers of IC-GEL). Charlee from BSI was very helpful. Cannot say the same for any product info I got from Loctite, so I went with IC-Gel and Krazy Glue. The liquid form of CA
was applied on top of the gel - this helped the gel permeate deeper into the pores of the Pukani (which because it is so porous worked for me). BSI recommended letting this combination sit for 24 hrs. before adding saltwater. So, the saltwater will be added either tonight and/or tomorrow.
The final scape is very similar but different than posted previously (above). Lots of running (swimming room) for fish
and generous viewing from front and sides - very important to me, especially as my favorite leather chair is cater-cornered to the right side of the tank... and I look into the back, front, and side.