Rock Flower anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Anyone have any experience with these? I heard they can adjust to many lighting conditions, and may prefer low light in some cases. I would like to add one to my tank, but would like any opinions on them. Thanks

They are actually one of the easier anemones but they still need a decent amount of light and good water quality. Lighting for a softie tank should actually do. They prefer a sandy substrate and will generally bury their foot at the rock egde or glass. With the amount of fish you have I would not target feed either.

None of your fish would be a concern but Epicystis crucifer is not a hosting anemone. Becareful not to get in confused with the Heteractis Aurora, they have a somewhat similar tentacles appearance at times.

Cheers
Steve

Yes I know they don't host, I just thought they looked cool. Once I get my fuge set up, i might try one. It should be done by the end of this week. I should be running 0 nitrate by then.

Back
Top Bottom