Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok well they have settled now although one is on the front glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1458086436290.jpg
    1458086436290.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 1458086449555.jpg
    1458086449555.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 63
Here they are under the actinics with gel filter. The one that was on the glass i had to take a top down
Shot so it didn't come out as clear as the others.

Attachments

• 1458088399150.jpg
    1458088399150.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 1458088414480.jpg
    1458088414480.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 1458088506133.jpg
    1458088506133.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 59
Ok well they have settled now although one is on the front glass.

Very nice!! Congrats! Did your other ones that blew to the back ever move out to get a picture? You've got quite the collection going ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Those are gorgeous! Makes me want some but I'm all outta room on the sand bed. Pacificeast just got in some super nice ones too

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No but i am going to attempt to move them into the ten gallon with the others this weekend.

Those are gorgeous! Makes me want some but I'm all outta room on the sand bed. Pacificeast just got in some super nice ones too

Thanks Brian. I am hooked on them for sure.

Here they are under the actinics with gel filter. The one that was on the glass i had to take a top down

Those are so nice looking!

I'd like to grab a pak of those, lol! Stunning.

:grab:

My store didn't have any :( Thursday evening next chance.

Good, maybe/bad, maybe, news. They are lots of little tiny babies. The female still has a lot/all of the little eggs insider her so I'm thinking one of my two new ones was pregnant and released early. I hope some survive but I didn't have luck with the last ones that released early. I'm hoping this tank is more "baby proof" so maybe I'll get lucky and have a couple survive and grow. Literally 50-75 babies, but so so tiny...can't even get a good picture. And hopeful that these aren't my red one's who was just fertilized two weeks ago, maybe hers will come out bigger if I can keep her stable and we'll feed.

Here are two of the three thatxare on my 29 gallon. Could'nt get a shot of the third one hes behind a rock. That one is green also.
The green one in the photo is in the back of the tank on the sandbed. The red one is inside a whole that i made in the rock.

Attachments

• 1458224083327.jpg
    1458224083327.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 1458224096250.jpg
    1458224096250.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 51
They won't get enough light in the hole - try to encourage it out. Mine went in a hole and started to get ill.

Also I talked with the different lfs and ordered 3 RFA even though they were today "not available" for order - they are on the order form. So I have hope! Manager is going to continue each week to try and order them, and they will be the common ones; white, tan green, brown color combos, but only 14.99 each.

Last edited:
I didn't think it would get enough light in that hole either. Will it move to a better location on its own? I was going to move it into my 10 gallon with the others i have but not sure how to get it off the rock.

Im glad your local lfs is ordering some RFA's for you. Sometimes the plain ones can be very nice.

Back
Top Bottom