Rock flower anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Admired this one

Sunburst Rock Anemone - WYSIWYG

Dreaming over this one
"Aqm" WYSIWYG Ultra "Bam Bam" Rock Anemone 30 Acan Chalice Reef Frag | eBay

Got on another list for some common ones. LOL

They are beautiful but way over priced in my opinion.

I'll add to the 'dreaming of' list! Check out the price tag on it though ?

That's absolutely rediculous. There is no way i would pay that. Its been my experience in the past that if they dont want to sell it they put realy high prices on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are beautiful but way over priced in my opinion.

I agree! I would never pay that much (unless I won the lottery!), but they are nice to admire. Maybe one of my babies will look like it and it will be "free" ?

Yea it would be nice to own one that colorful. I hope all your babies survive and you get some really colorful ones.

The bargain ones around here are the non florescence - so no vibrant colors and I would be just fine with some of those again. I gave away one of mine the little tan white green tinted one (thought I was shutting down all the SW tanks) and the frilly white pinkish one died. Reason I won't spend more than say $30 for a pretty one and the $10-15 for a plain one. :)

I will be headed out of town for about 10 days next month, maybe find some in my travels. Otherwise I will just chill till one/some pop up. lol.

About 2 years ago I read an article or two that stated people weren't really into them and they were cheap nearer the areas where the imports are received around Los Angeles and in Florida and the stores didn't really stock them because of higher interest in Zoas & Bubble Tip Anemones and low to no interest in RFA!!! Not now!

There have been a number of care/info sheet mentions of feeding meaty foods not just lighting and zooxanthellae.

What if anything are all of you feeding? Has anyone else noticed the wide variety of foods available, including live foods from AlgaGen. I am wondering if pods and little live micro foods would work. I am planning on getting a bunch of pods of a couple kinds to reseed my tank. Wondering if anyone has noticed them feeding on any particular kinds ( so I can be sure to get some!) Was planning on Tisbe pods...

Last edited:
My RFA will eat just about anything. They usually gets squirted with LRS reef frenzy and end up eating everything that sticks to them. They are very easy going anemones.

I feed a mixture of Rods reef food with some mysis and bryne shrimp mixed in. The RFA's usually will catch anything that floats by them or you can target feed them. I have seen mine grab a mysis shrimp floating by. I do try to make sure i squirt some close enough to them so they can grab some.

I agree, they will eat almost anything. I've heard LPS pellets are good because they add less waste to the water, but I haven't tried them yet. I put my RFAs in a tank I was breeding pods and mysis shrimp and I've seen a lot of stomatellas, I think the flowers catch what they can of those too.

I had been thinking about the neon green RFAs that were at the store when I picked up my last two, so decided to check today if they had any left and they did!! Here it is just put in.

I agree, they will eat almost anything. I've heard LPS pellets are good because they add less waste to the water, but I haven't tried them yet. I put my RFAs in a tank I was breeding pods and mysis shrimp and I've seen a lot of stomatellas, I think the flowers catch what they can of those too.

I had been thinking about the neon green RFAs that were at the store when I picked up my last two, so decided to check today if they had any left and they did!! Here it is just put in.

I love that red one with the white stripes!

Thanks Paul! That one is actually more bright orange, but does look red in this picture. I love the white stripes too, they are so bold it looks like someone painted them on.

SD that green is beautiful too!

Tomorrow is lfs delivery day have three posibilities! We just had a blizzard, hopefully shipments are not delayed.

Very nice addition Sand dollar. You have a beautiful collection going. How are the babies doing?

Very nice addition Sand dollar. You have a beautiful collection going. How are the babies doing?

Thanks! I had to catch up to you and all of your new RFAs! Babies are good, still tiny but EVERYWHERE! Well over 100 but no telling how many will actually survive and grow. I can still see several inside the mom, so I'm hoping those continue to develop and come out bigger and with some color.

Almost the entire sand bed is sprinkled with babies, here's an idea of their size.

Here's the female with tons of babies under her. Many of the males are also hiding babies under them, it's really cool.

Almost the entire sand bed is sprinkled with babies, here's an idea of their size.

Here's the female with tons of babies under her. Many of the males are also hiding babies under them, it's really cool.

Very cool! If only a quarter made it, that would still be plenty!

That's incredible. It is fun watching all the developments. I truly hope you get to raise a very large number of them Sand Dollar. Can't wait to see them grow up and get color!!!

Thanks for the support everyone! It is quite the journey. While very exciting, it is also kind of stressful wondering day to day if they will make it. Here's a video of the mama nem delivering more babies tonight!! She just keeps popping them out!
http://youtu.be/Ts4SMzcB8cY

Thanks Paul. Its a really small serpent and not a green one.

mine were small once they are now giants !

at least some of them :D

This guy sprawled out is like 24 in think of a man hole cover .

I have 8 now 9 is in the works if he can avoid from being dinner.

they are good with coral / nems / inverts / fish

it's fun seeing them reach out at feedings

60069-albums13934-picture66253.jpg
60069-albums13934-picture66253.jpg

this guy is my oldest when I got him he was a mere 3 inch that was 5 years ago

Back
Top Bottom